Privacy, Refund Policy & Terms & Conditions
1. Information Collected We collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
- Voluntary Information for Services and Features We also collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features or programs of the Site, including: i) viewing deals or making purchases, ii) consenting to receive email or text messages from us, including but not limited to upcoming promotions, advertising, contests, news or events, iii) participating in our forums, iv) sharing our deals, v) becoming a business partner or licensing your technology to us, including but not limited to our merchant arrangements, affiliate program or vi) advertising on our Site. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your "Contact Information" in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction or other business relationship such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information. Credit card and billing information is recorded via a Secure Socket Layer connection (SSL) and is fully encrypted. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your shopping preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
- Cookies This Site uses "cookies" and other tracking technologies. Cookies enable us to serve secure pages to our users without asking them to sign in repeatedly. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. If a user's system is idle for a defined time, the cookie will expire, forcing the user to sign in again to continue their session. This prevents unauthorised access to the user's information while they are away from their computer. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Site. Third-Party Cookies: In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on your browser.
2. Referrals You may choose to invite friends to view or join the Site by sending invitations via our invite and share features through email and other social media platforms. This Site stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be added to your social network, confirm orders/purchases and also to send reminders of the invitations. This Site does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact this Site to request removal of their information from our database.
3. How We Use Your Information This Site only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. This Site may, however, disclose, use, give or sell your personal information to merchants, suppliers, service providers, affiliated businesses, including but not limited to restaurants, business partners, licensors, sponsors, advertisers, other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services relating to this Site or with whom we have a business relation, in case of an actual or proposed merger or sale of assets or as otherwise required by law.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site. Further, this Site reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
This Site may use your personal information for its own newsletters, polls, testimonials, statistics or target advertising based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyse data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates. Details of our Affiliate Program, if applicable, will be set out on the Site. We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in control.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A BULLETIN BOARD, CHAT ROOM OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITE.
4. How We Protect Information We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. As mentioned above, credit card and billing information is recorded via a Secure Socket Layer connection (SSL) and is fully encrypted. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5. Third Party Advertising If advertisements appear on this Site, they may be delivered to you by the Site or one of our advertising partners. Our advertising partners may set cookies. Doing this allows the advertising partners to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. In this way, they may compile information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. This information allows an advertising partner to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. This Site does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third party advertising servers of ad partners.
6. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features such as edit and account.
7. Email Choice/Opt-out If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications from Travellers Deal, you may do so by simply clicking "unsubscribe" in emails sent to you. You may also do so by sending Travellers Deal an email requesting that you be unsubscribed from its email list (see "Contact Information" section below). We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
8. Children's Privacy and Parental Controls We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorised to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
All information relating to or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes hereunder shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information. Such information shall not be disclosed by any party or their respective representatives without the prior written authorisation of the party furnishing such information. Such information shall not be disclosed by the arbitrator without the prior written authorisation of all parties. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings.
Judgment upon the award returned by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties or their assets or application of enforcement, as the case may be. Any award by the arbitrator shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the parties. The parties hereby waive all rights to judicial review of the arbitrator's decision and any award contained therein.